Saturday, January 19, 2013

Practice, practice, practice

Janet taught me you can just try and try and if something goes wrong, you pull it out and start over again. I have made projects several times over just to get tension and counts correct.  Here are a few of the things I'm learning to do.



This is some practice I was doing to learn how to do single, double, half double, triple and half triple crochets.  I would just go back and forth practicing and then around the edges to practice turning .... I ripped this out and redid it about 10 times to just get practice. The red yarn was cheap and easy to work with, so it's become my practice yarn.

  This was the first granny 'square' I attempted.  Makes a nice coaster



Goofing around with Granny squares I made this 'interesting' hat for Charlotte and a blanket for Emily's doll. I'm getting much better at Granny Squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment